The La Trobe / Austin Clinical School main Research Themes
The current research activities gravitates around research themes such as person-centred care and care of older people in long- and short term care, cancer care and benefit finding in adversity, cardiology care and outcomes, educational interventions, tobacco use and health outcomes, and wellbeing interventions in older age and dementia.
By way of example the Research Projects listed below descibe some of our International efforts that we are currently undertaking:
- U-AGE: health-promoting living conditions and person-centred care of older people
- WE-THRIVE: International Common Data Elements in long-term care of older people
- GBD: Global Burden of Disease Collaboration
- Dementia-friendly book clubs in care homes – effect on wellbeing and QoL
- SHUL: Shadow under the lamp: Smoking behaviour of health professionals in Asia Pacific and Middle East countries