Research Themes - Overview
The Allied Health Clinical Research Office focuses on research within clinical settings, that provide evidence to inform the way that health services are delivered. Our work is centred primarily around sub-acute and rehabilitation services, either in inpatient or outpatient settings, that help people to recover from illness or injury, manage a chronic condition, or maintain independence.
Some of our work is directly related to way that we can improve treatments, or determine what interventions lead to the best patient outcomes. Other research questions focus on systems for efficient delivery of health services or building the capacity of health service staff to conduct research and incorporate research evidence into practice.
Our current programs of research include:
- Reducing ambulatory waiting time using the STAT Model
- Improving outcomes after hip fracture
- Improving rehabilitation outcomes
- Fostering research culture in health services
- Dietetics and malnutrition
- Weekend allied health services